Changes at SchenkMMA

I am making a few changes around here at SchenkMMA and I thought it would only be fair to share them with the WMMA Community as soon as I was ready for them to take effect.

Here at SchenkMMA we have had many success and some failures as we have been working behind the scenes with many Female MMA fighters in our community.  We can say that we have learned a lot since we opened our doors and we are very thankful to all of the WMMA Community (What a great community we truly have to be a part of) and the Female fighters for all you have taught our team over the years.  With that being said I have decided to make some changes here at SchenkMMA.

 
First and foremost the biggest change I am going to make is this, from this point forward SchenkMMA is NO LONGER charging for any of our services.  (I know what you might be thinking right now... How can this be a business and still provide a service if it isn't making any money? Or you could be like Slade thinking right now dang it Chris I guess there goes the shirt from Tussle you were going to order.  :)  Slade I'm still good for the shirt and you can count on this when I tell you I will be ordering my shirt very soon.)  My main driver for SchenkMMA has always been and still continues to be to Help Female MMA Fighters any way I can and I intended to keep doing that very thing.

Over the past few months (really since the first of the year) I have been analyzing the MMA Management business and I had two questions that kept coming back to me.

1. What is the thing you like least about this business?

 And

2. Would you still continue to do this business even if you weren't getting any money to do it?

The answer to question number 1 is that the part I think everyone gets all wrapped up in or that will destroy a relationship between a Fighter and Management quicker than anything else is the "Money".  It was my least favorite aspect of the business so I am just going to do away with it.  Going forward all of SchenkMMA services will be FREE.  If the fighter or anyone else would like to make a donation to SchenkMMA for the work that is being done, or that was done then that is great and that will be accepted but it is not required.  Also any donations that are made to SchenkMMA a small portion will be used for upkeep but the rest will be turned back around and reinvested into the the WMMA Community and the Female MMA Fighters.  I started this to help Female MMA Fighters to achieve their dreams and to be the best they can be, I never went into this to make money.  The relationships with the Fighters, Sponsors, Promoters, and others are what is important to me and sometimes in life you just need to walk the walk and not just talk the talk.

The answer to question number 2 is "Yes" I would do this even if I wasn't getting paid.  WMMA and MMA in general is a passion of mine. I enjoy being in this community and I am honored that everyone in this community as welcomed me with open arms.  Some arms have been crossed at times but then again not everyone is going to love you at first sight, sometimes they need to get to know you before they will warm up to you. :)  But all and all I have nothing but love for the WMMA community and the great people who work within the community everyday to keep things moving forward.

Of course you can imagine how this message went over with the SchenkMMA staff.  They weren't pleased at the idea of working and not getting paid.  I can't blame them for feeling that way and I told them I understood. If this was something they didn't feel they could be a part or get behind of to please let me know and I would pay them out and they were free to go.  As of today I am the only one left, but that doesn't change my mission or my goals for SchenkMMA.  Some times things have to be bigger than Money, and while I know most if not all of the people out there think I am crazy for doing this I just felt this is what needed to be done.

So with all of that being said where does SchenkMMA stand today?  I have a staff of one. I will still keep up the Twitter, Facebook, and the SchenkMMA blog.  I will still continue to offer any of the SchenkMMA services that were offered before and I am still willing to do anything I can to help any and all Female MMA Fighters that need or want some help.  The services I am still providing are listed below and would love to help anyone, anyway I can.

  • Media Relations
  • Public Relations
  • Contract Negotiations
  • Social Media Campaigns
  • Branding 
  • Sponsorships - Helping Find or Helping you Negotiate
  • Marketing
  • Management
  • Finding Fighting Opportunities
  • Etc..

Thanks for taking the time to read this small novel of a post, and please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you.    :)

Chris Schenk
Founder of SchenkMMA
(Lebe deine Träume, oder Versuch sterben)


Email: SchenkMMA@gmail.com






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments they are always appreciated.